Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Hot Body? or Hit Hair?

Ladies? Have you ever had a good work out and then you notice that you couldn't go anywhere else because of your hair? I've heard the quote of woman especially African American woman say that one of the major reasons why they don't exercise is because "They Don't Want To Sweat Their Hair Out".


I've also notice that (African American) woman that work out constantly wear full weaves, wigs or The Natural. Well, I don't think there's nothing wrong with that you have to look good for you. Why is it always a problem keeping our hair together plus work out at the same time?


I started working out last last with Zumba classes, I would invite woman to take the classes at first they would be like I don't want to sweat my edges or my hair out. I didn't see what the problem was until this year when I decided to go natural and also I started stepping up my work out routine, then my hair suffered more then my own body did. It's hard to keep up with your own hair sometimes.


I was even tempted to go back to my relaxer, actually I still am. Anyway, I did want to stay healthy and not be a sloppy thick girl. I have a man now, so I have to keep it tight, not just for him but for me especially.We always want to stay fit and look great a all times, but sometimes you wonder is it possible to have both, especially my chocolate drop sistas out there? I know it's possible, when without getting a fade, with I am also tempted to do.


I like Afro's, I really do, but I don't want to worry about developing one when I work out, especially when I took 2 hours to straightening my hair, I know I'm not the only one that feel this way, right? I think it's still necessary to exercise, Hit Hair or Not!!!

So ladies, what's your input of this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment