Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Relationship Status: Single?

Yesterday I've notice something on Facebook. I've notice that most of my single friends, including me don't have a relationship status. I guess when people are single they don't want to be bothered by other desperate and crazy singles from the opposite sex or they're dating someone but it's not exclusive yet so they'll just leave in blank because any day now they will put "in a relationship" on their relationship status. Maybe they've been single for so long that their friends and family are starting to worry about them ever getting married.


Both of my sisters are married, which is wonderful. I have to say at my younger sister's wedding, nothing insulted me be the singled one saying: When is it going to be your turn? They just said You're Next, right? Actually, that kind of meant the same thing, but I knew that it was just their way of saying, We know you can get a man, but you're not getting any younger, so hurry up! LOL


Most single women I know, including me has have the " Always a Bridesmaid never a Bride" Syndrome. There had been times were I felt like Jane Nichols in The movie "27 Dresses" Well, I never had that many dresses! I knew 5 for me was enough, I think it was 5. Anyway, of course it's not good to have that. You don't want to start getting desperate, and date Tom, Joe, and Scary!!!! Why do we pressure ourselves to have our mate at a certain age? Well, back in the day we were told to fell in love, get married and have children. When a certain age comes, we (especially women) panic and date outside our potential. In some reasons to prove to others that you can have a man or woman if you want, and right now you just chose to be single.


Of course Marriage is a Godly thing! Cut covenant with the certain individual for life!!!! Sometimes you wonder "When Will It Be My Time?" Aren't we suppose to trust God? Or Course!!!! Some people, even I have "so called" tried to help God out a little by picking one out for us. God never wants or needs our help for mate hunts, because he know want you already desire. You can pray for the arrival of your mate, but quit rushing God and yourself!!!It's the time to enjoy life. Do cool stuff!!! Learn and prepare. Make changes to grow more in yourself and in God as well.



Man, I have a whole lot of growing to do. I hope not too much though, only time and God will tell. I know their are certain reasons why we do stuff on Social-Media Networks now a days. I just wanted to let you know that it's okay to have the word "Single" in your relationship status. It doesn't mean I will have mine like that!! LOL


But Hey Enjoy Your Single Life!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment